Zivtech is a Philadelphia based technology services firm that designs and builds innovative web products and applications. Our clients range from startups, to large non-profits, to Fortune 500 companies. We help mission-driven organizations adapt and benefit from change by using technology to light the path forward.
We are currently looking for a Technical Architect/Strategist to work with our distributed Engineering team who is comfortable digging into the details to transform clients' ideas and vision to wonderfully crafted technical requirements. Zivtech has a flexible, but fast paced work environment, and we are seeking talented individuals who are eager to contribute and learn.
As a Technical Architect/Strategist, you are expected to work collaboratively with a team to bring clients' wants and needs to attractive, accessible, functional, and adaptive digital products. You will anticipate the needs of clients so that they have great experiences, reaching their true potential through technology. We expect that everyone at Zivtech is a self-educator and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest best practices. Team members work together to maintain documentation and keep everything running as smooth as possible.
- Be responsible for the technical direction of web projects and continuing technical support for clients, considering their goals holistically and how technology may help them achieve them
- Ask lots of question to ascertain clients' fundamental wants and needs, then make recommendations
- Work with clients and project managers to set priorities and help them understand technical details
- Gently push back if someone suggests something that’s not a good idea, offering alternate approaches that could be easier or better
- Create technical specifications, user stories, and plans that engineers may utilize to create something new or improve existing systems
- Direct and review work done by engineers
- Perform some engineering work in your area of expertise (front or backend development, UX, site building, etc.)
- Work with the VP of Engineering and the engineering team to enhance what we do, streamline our procedures, and introduce new tools
- Test assigned features to ensure proper functionality
- Assist in identifying and validating test cases and can identify regression risks in their features
- Identify risks in features, and design, and communicate these to the appropriate parties
Required knowledge, skills, and experience
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities, as well as the capacity to explain technical ideas to non-technical people
- Experience designing and building large-scale custom web applications
- A passion for delivery interesting software solutions to human problems
- Experience working with Drupal site building and configuring websites (e.g. creating content types, and views)
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Comfortable with reading API documentation and integrating with external APIs and systems
Nice to have
- Experience with designing and building mobile applications
- One or more Acquia Drupal certifications
- Experience designing multi-site platforms
- Experience with Drupal's top contributed modules
- Familiarity with collaborative development tools such as Git
- Familiarity with object-oriented PHP programming, including common design patterns
- Experience with the command line shell and tools like Drush
- Salary range: $80-$130K
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- COVID-19 policy: Zivtech’s building and office policy requires proof of vaccination for individuals to enter or work on the premises.
If you're interested in joining our thriving, growing business and doing cutting-edge work, please reply to this job posting. Or email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls please).