United States (Remote)
Team Lead, Edge Computing Professional Services
This position can be remote and based anywhere in the US.
Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
Pantheon’s Professional Services team directly supports our largest and most strategic customers, helping them to successfully onboard onto the Pantheon platform and derive immediate and ongoing value from working with us via add-on services.
We are looking for a US-based team lead for the Edge Consulting service line within our Managed Services team. Managed Services are recurring, white-glove/concierge services. As the Lead, Edge Consulting, your role will be both an individual contributor and team lead to ensure customers’ Advanced Edge/CDN requirements are implemented successfully and their ongoing change requests are acknowledged, triaged, and delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Cool Stuff You’ll Do
Reporting to the Manager, Managed Services, you will:
- Act as a player/coach for white-glove services related to implementing, updating and consulting on Pantheon’s Edge Consulting services, including:
- Personally manage a portfolio of active customer engagements
- Directly supervise, guide and mentor a team of solutions-focused consultants, each of whom maintains a constant portfolio of customers
- Coordinate with members of the Implementation team to ensure efficient work hand-offs and ensure a customer-first approach is maintained at all times
- Structure and refine all services related to Edge Consulting services, including:
- Advanced edge routing and logic based on customer requirements
- Basic and custom image optimization
- Web Application Firewall and edge security consulting
- Future edge computing services and service segments created in coordination with the Manager, Managed Services
- Proactively monitor and enhance edge computing configurations for clients
- Supervise the operations of the Edge Consulting service line:
- Maintain capacity plans and manage assignment of staff to ensure appropriate allocation of workload and achievement of staff target around productivity and utilization
- Coordinate, as needed, with outsourcing partners and vendors to manage overflow work for your service line
- Act as an escalation point for issues that block customer success within your service line
- Work closely with our sales and customer success teams to evaluate new and ongoing sales opportunities:
- Promote the capabilities and strategic benefits of Edge Consulting and its associated products in pre-sales conversations with prospective customers
- In coordination with Account Executives, Account Managers, Sales Engineers and the PS PMO: plan, manage and execute Proof of Value evaluations for prospective customers
- Scope incoming service requests as required
- Represent Professional Services, as required, in cross-departmental meetings
What You Bring To The Table
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or Manager in the digital services industry (PAAS, SAAS or digital agency experience preferred)
- 3+ years of experience configuring, managing, and maximizing a major CDN provider (Fastly, Akamai, Cloudflare, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of common edge computing use cases, such as WAF security, bot mitigation, DDOS protection, domain masking, custom routing and redirects, allow- and blocklists, geolocation, image optimization
- Demonstrable knowledge of web hosting and devops practices
- Understanding of Content Management Systems and Open Source Software
- An obsession with Customer Success and a natural tendency to put the customer first
- The drive to build on previous successes but not rest on their laurels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Applicable experience with the Fastly platform and/or custom VCL development
- Experience managing mult-national teams across varied time zones
- Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform
- Experience with Pantheon’s Platform or other Drupal/WordPress development/hosting platforms
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your workouts
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.