Be our in-house technical expert! Evolving Web has an immediate opening for a Solutions Architect. You'll work closely with our developers, designers, project managers and clients to create beautiful and quality websites and apps that improve organizations and communities.
If you have 5+ years of development and technical leadership experience and want to join a rapidly growing team, we want to hear from you!
In your role, you will be expected to:
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and project managers
- Scope and architect technical solutions with internal and client teams
- Create documentation
- Work with DevOps tools like Vagrant, Docker, Circle CI
- Advise and manage teams to produce measurable results
What kind of skill set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
- 5 years of development experience and technical leadership experience at the project level
- Experience with enterprise level projects
- Experience architecting large scale solutions according to technical specifications
- Have a high-level view of projects and use your understanding of contexts, the scope, and development tasks to successfully deliver solutions
- Ability to work with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams on pre-sales scoping, project estimation, and to determine the best solutions
- Ability to prepare and conduct technical workshops to refine the scope of projects
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work on different projects concurrently
- Ability to train technical and non-technical teams on solutions
- Ability to create and present reports that communicate the details of a solution
- Can do PHP and Drupal development when necessary
- Experience with advising and managing teams of developers and designers to achieve measurable results
- Experience using project management tools like Redmine or JIRA
- Strong communication skills in both French and English. However, if you feel that this position is for you and you're not strong with both languages, go ahead and apply!
What you get:
- An environment that encourages continuous learning and mentorship
- A team that’s big enough that you get to work on creative, meaningful projects and small enough that you can take ownership of your work
- A collaborative, fun, and friendly environment where your input is highly valued
- Competitive salary, a health insurance package, and a good work-life balance
- Collaborations with organizations such as Princeton University, the Government of Canada
- Diverse, multilingual team members from around the world
- Remote-friendly workplace, with a beautiful office in Old Montreal