United States (Remote)
Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
Pantheon is rapidly evolving and driving technology to give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing. With the built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability, and uptime, Pantheon delivers superior service and value to all.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Platform Organization. You will work closely with our CTO to provide a thoughtful and strategic partnership as well as provide technical leadership to the various teams in the org to influence overall strategy and technical direction.
The ideal candidate can solve problems at scale, unite our teams and tech in delivering solutions, partner with anyone in the company, and dive deep into the code.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Design, architect, build, test and debug large scale, reusable cloud-based services with an emphasis on business needs.
- Participate in strategic planning for solutions, services, and product development with senior management.
- Partner with product management to define problems and identify iterative solutions.
- Balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision.
- Provide experienced leadership and technical direction.
- Set vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of engineering processes.
- Mentor and coach other engineers and provide guidance across the larger organization.
- Contribute to an engineering-wide culture of collaboration, “no-blame,” character, and enthusiasm.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current trends and developments in the industry.
What you Bring to the Table
- A minimum of ten years of software development experience in the high tech software domain
- A minimum of five years of proven experience in designing and architecting large scale systems
- Experience across the full stack, shipping SaaS applications
- Proven experience with a variety of languages (Python, React, C, Typescript, Go)
- Experience with multiple cloud services and database technologies (relational and non-relational)
- BS, BA or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your workouts
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact email@example.com. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security