How To Apply
The primary role of the Drupal Engineer is to architect and implement world-class Drupal solutions while providing a great experience for our clients. The ideal candidate takes ownership and initiative of assigned tasks, thrives in change, is detail oriented, and is comfortable working across shifting priorities and differing levels of ambiguity to find solutions.
This position offers a great opportunity for someone who is proactive, adaptable, collaborative, highly-focused, and is excited by both diverse new challenges and production work alike. This position reports to our Engineering Manager.
This is a fully remote position and contracts with the potential to hire.
- Designs, develops, implements, utilizes, and conforms to enterprise Drupal architecture application solutions, strategies, processes, and standards, focusing on expertise in Drupal and related CMS technologies.
- Collaborates with business owners, analysts, engineers, development teams, and infrastructure services to define, establish, and communicate application architecture standards, policies, and directions.
- Designs high-quality application architectures, drives activities aligned to organization requirements set by leadership on behalf of stakeholders and are consistent with enterprise application standards.
- Works closely with UX and Cloud experts to ensure proper implementation, and liaises between the needs of the organization and other experts.
- Provides assistance and direction to other development teams, ensuring that all technologies work effectively together to improve solution performance, and processes change requests.
- Increases reuse and reduce redundancy in applications and technology designs.
- Supports the development and updates of enterprise architectural strategies, standards, processes, and tools, as well as the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices, and patterns.
- Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross-organization consulting and direct involvement in development efforts.
- Recommends and selects tools for strategic implementation, and monitors adherence to corporate standards in application design, development, and testing.
- Discovers and defines functional requirements and their relationship to technical requirements; and determines the adequacy of documented requirements for architecture definition for the priorities of the department and organization.
- Leads teams to foster successful consultations with technical and non-technical project resources to evaluate project scope and program offering opportunities.
- Conducts analyses and proof-of-concepts for new technologies and solutions.
- Advises and participates in collaboration sessions with peer groups and business owners to estimate the feasibility of further analysis costs, risks, and opportunities for implementations.
NOTE: Please read our requirements carefully prior to phone screens being scheduled:
- Read (and agree to) our Corporate Values Statement
- Believe in the company mission
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in enterprise website and CMS technologies.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Drupal, Composer, Symphony, and jQuery.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with cloud environments and common SaaS applications, specifically AWS EC2/RDS, Atlassian Jira; and GitHub.
- We strongly prefer candidates with at least an AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification and/or an Acquia Drupal 7+ certification.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Self-starter, able to think creatively to solve problems
- Eager to learn new skills and take the initiative on projects as needed
- Able to work well against multiple and shifting priorities and differing levels of ambiguity
- "Can-do" attitude with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Organized, dependable and detail-oriented
- Team Player