Summits are half-day events focused on specific topics and areas of practice that gather people in specific industries or with specific skills to dive deep into the issues that matter and collaborate freely.
Higher Ed Summit
Scheduled: Thursday, Oct 6th, 2022 - 9 am - 12 pm
The Higher Education Summit is a unique opportunity for site owners, IT managers, developers, and content creators dedicated to supporting and advancing the use of Drupal in academia to share, learn, and strengthen our community of practice. Through panels, talks, and ample breakout sessions, participants share and learn from one another's victories and challenges and build momentum in cross-institutional initiatives.
Non-Profit Summit (Virtual)
Scheduled: Thursday, Oct 6th, 2022 - 9 am - 1 pm
The non-profit summit will be delivered virtually this year. To register, head over to the Non-Profit Summit Registration page.
Front End / Decoupled Summit
Scheduled: Thursday, Oct 6th, 2022 - 1 pm - 4 pm
Do you like decoupled? Wondering what the magic is all about?? Come to the BADCamp front-end summit and learn from experts! We are bringing in the experts to share their experiences, including:
- Kyle Mathews Founder and Sam Bhagwat Cofounder & Chief Strategy Officer of Gatsby
- Arshad Chummun Founder of Next-Drupal and Developer at Chapter Three
- Jesus Manuel Olivas Co-Founder and CEO at Octahedroid
- Brian Perry Senior Technology Consultant, Decoupled Architectures at Pantheon
Scheduled: Friday, Oct 7th, 2022 - 1 pm - 4 pm
Bursting forth from the grave, the BADCamp DevOps Summit is back and hungry for brains brimming with DevOps knowledge.
Whether you're a dark DevOps demi-god or a newbie necromancer, the DevOps Summit is perfect for anyone interested in how code is transformed from ideas into production web applications. We'll crack open the DevOps necronomicon to discuss topics like automated testing, continuous integration, local development, security/compliance, and more.
We hope to see you among the undead horde at the BADCamp DevOps summit!
Scheduled: Friday, Oct 7th, 2022 - 9 am - 12 pm
Backdrop CMS is the Drupal fork. It has most of the features seen in Drupal 8 and beyond (as well as some new ones), but with a built-in upgrade path for your current website. The focus of the Backdrop project is more affordable long-term website maintenance, starting with the cost of upgrades.
If you still have a Drupal 7 website, and are wondering what its future might hold, you might want to attend the Backdrop CMS summit at BADCamp this year.
In this summit we will cover:
- What is Backdrop CMS / Differences from + Similarities to Drupal
- Running websites on both Backdrop and Drupal at the same time
- API compatibility between legacy Drupal 7 code + Backdrop CMS
- Cost of upgrading to Backdrop vs migrating to Drupal 8/9/10
- An example upgrade that saved the organization $200,000 or more.